Sunday, July 13, 2008

Prateik Babbar Lands in Jail



Smita Patil's untimely death killed Madhur Bhandarkar's dream of casting the actress in his film. Seeing Smita's son Prateik Babbar recently in a small role in Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na, had Bhandarkar so emotionally charged that he has decided to cast Prateik in his film. And though Bhandarkar is tight-lipped about which film Prateik will star in, the word is that Prateik will be playing one of the protagonists in Bhandarkar's upcoming, Jail.




Raj Babbar, Prateik's father had thrown a fit when Prateik had decided to venture into the film industry. But this time around Raj won't mind. Says Bhandarkar confidently, "Rajji was a part my film Corporate and in Fashion he's playing Priyanka Chopra's father. So I don't think he will have any objection to Prateik working with me."

Prateik's grandparents, who have brought up the boy, too are keen on Prateik working with Bhandarkar. "His grandmother called me up about six months ago. I will be more than happy to cast the boy. I always wished I could work with Smita. So in a way I would be fulfilling a dream. Smitaji nahin, toh unka beta hi sahi," adds Bhandarkar.

No comments:

Post a Comment