Monday, September 26, 2011

Being Mom: Juhi Chawla Talks About Her Son Arjun And Daughter Jhanvi

THOUGH Juhi Chawla has been a hit with kids since her early acting days, the lady admits that she understood her little fans much later in life. And that was only when she became a mom herself. The pretty lady, who will be seen hosting a new show — Badmash Company — talks about her kiddie connect, Read On:

Juhi Chawla With Her Son Arjun

A new awakening Ironically, I never understood the value of young fans when I was doing films like Hum Hain Rahi Pyaar Ke or say, Bol Radha Bol. In fact, I used to get jumpy and irritated when I would see kids around me. I guess a part of it was because I was too stressed all the time, working 24x7. It was only after becoming a mother that I fathomed the purity and innocence of a child's affection. Once, when we were planning a family outing and my kids and Jai (husband) weren't listening to me, I stormed off saying, " You guys go for the trip, I am not coming with you." Minutes later, my son Arjun came to me and said sweetly, " Mamma, we want you to come because everything seems more fun with you around." My heart melted in a second.

Mom's the word
I don't categorise myself as a disciplinarian or a friendly mom. I am just like any regular mother. I worry about normal things like how many hours they are spending before the TV or computer, have they eaten a balanced diet or is the homework in place. I grew up in a multi-storied building in Cuffe Parade, and we kids used to gang up in the compound every evening. My kids live in a bungalow, so they miss out on this kind of social interaction. Also, I feel that kids today suffer from information overload. There is so much pressure on them about looks, clothes, brands, academics, etc. My daughter, Janhavi, is on the brink of becoming a teenager. When I see her friends talking about having a great figure, dressing in skimpy clothes and sporting brands, it does bother me. I don't want my kids to run after materialistic pursuits. They should enjoy life as it comes to them.

Childhood revisited
As a child, I was very conscientious. I used to study hard so that I could get good marks and please my parents. Though I had a naughty side, I never had the wild streak to do something untoward. But the only mischief I was always upto was trying to skip my classical dance classes. I would hide in my friends' home if my tutor was five minutes late. Then, my mom would go scouting for me, and drag me back.

Nowadays, when I want to have some fun, I play board games with Arjun before or after a meal. That's how I reconnect with my childhood.
More on Bollywood Star Kids >>

No comments:

Post a Comment