Saturday, January 7, 2012

Dev Anand and Shammi Kapoor's Sons Sunil and Aditya To Act Together in 'Ali Peter John'

Sons of veteran stars Dev Anand and Shammi Kapoor get ready to revive their careers. It’s nostalgia all over
Birth and death, they say, go hand-inhand. And in Bollywood, recent deaths of veteran actors seem to have lived up to this saying and given a lease of life to posterity. Following Shammi Kapoor's death, his son Aditya, decided to revive his Bollywood career and act in director Kadar Kashmiri’s Ali Peter John. Similarly, the late Dev Anand’s son Sunil is also making his comeback with the same film.

Shammi Kapoor's Son Aditya Raj Kapoor

Dev Anand's Son Sunil Anand

Sunil, who made his Bollywood debut with his father Dev Anand’s venture Anand Aur Anand in 1984, was last seen in the 2001 film Master. Aditya Raj Kapoor, on the other hand, after assisting uncle Raj Kapoor in three films, had decided to go separate as an entrepreneur. And now, both will make a comeback to where they began.

Produced by Ashwin Kumar Productions, director Kadar’s film is a satire. A close friend of Dev Anand, Kadar, who has also worked with the star in two films, remembered his days with the veteran star and said, “A few days before his death, I had discussed the idea of Ali Peter John with Dev sahab. He liked the idea and asked who would act in it. So I expressed my desire to cast Sunil. Dev sahab was excited about it. He, however, asked me to talk to Sunil directly.”

Kadar, who has also directed Shammi Kapoor in the 1986 film Karamdata added, “I have been closely associated with both Dev Anand and Shammi Kapoor. I have learnt a lot from them. I have seen their sons Sunil and Aditya grow up. It is an emotional moment for me to direct my friends' kids.”

Excited about the project, Sunil told Mirror, “I have been busy with a lot of things simultaneously. I was helping father with his work and handling a few productions. Now I am very excited about making a comeback on screen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment