Friday, January 6, 2012

Mustafa - Son of Director Abbas Burmawalla (of Abbas-Mastan Fame) Makes His Acting Debut

Mustafa, son of filmmaker Abbas, makes his acting debut in the Abbas-Mastan directed film Players
This year is fast becoming the perfect launch year for filmmakers’ offspring. Apart from David Dhawan’s son Varun and Mahesh Bhatt’s daughter Alia, Mustafa Burmawalla, Abbas' (of Abbas-Mustan fame) son will also makes his silver screen debut in his father’s upcoming directorial venture Players.

Director Abbas Burmawalla's (of Abbas-Mastan Fame) Son Mustafa in a still from Players

The 24-year-old Mustafa will be seen in an interesting cameo opposite Sonam Kapoor in the upcoming film. The sequence was shot in Russia.

Explaining his role in the film, Mustafa says, “I enjoyed doing my bit in my dad’s film. But my goal is to become a director. I love filmmaking. In fact, I have done a course in New York Film Academy.”

“It is a short scene with Sonam where she tries to seduce me so that she can reach her destination. In the end, she gets what she wanted but I end up getting nothing,” Mustafa added.

The cameo did not deter Mustafa from getting some hands-on experience in filmmaking either. “I assisted my father during Players. It was a rather good learning experience,” said Mustafa. And like his father, Mustafa too, likes thrillers. “I prefer horror thrillers

No comments:

Post a Comment